Course #02 – 5 days (Intermediate to Advanced level) - Practical Exercise in Integrating Geomodelling, Flow Simulation & Economics in a Field Development
Who should attend:
Geoscientists (Geology, Geophysics & Petrophysics); Reservoir & Petroleum Engineers
Completion of Course #01 – “Geomodelling, Flow Simulation, Economics & Uncertainty in Field Development” is recommended, but not a pre-requisite for this Course
- 10% Teaching & 90% Practical. Day begins with short lecture to initiate day’s practical assignment
- Participants will construct Static and Dynamic models of an offshore field.
- Using their Static Model, participants to test impact of differing drive mechanisms, varying well types (vert. vs hor. producers and injectors)
- Test development scenarios, oil evacuation options (Pipeline vs. FPSO) and gas handling options
- Select optimal Field Development Scenario, generate Production profiles
- Determine Resources & Reserves
- Determine costs, run cashflow simulation.
- Determine Key Economics Metrics (NPV, IRR etc). Risk/ Ranking & (FID) concludes the exercise
- Participants split into teams & will present their analysis, results, conclusions and recommendations, in 20 minute presentation on the last day
- Participants must have basic skills in PETREL, PETREL RE & ECLIPSE software (Schlumberger).
- Non-refundable 10% of fees payable within 10 working days of Registration Request
- Balance payable 15 working days before start of the course
This Course is offered under the auspices of
as course RES 422. Visit www.petro-teach.com
for registration & Petro Teach conditions