Course #03 – 5 days (Intermediate to Advanced level) - Geomodelling Workflow to Replicate True Flow Behaviour
Who should attend:
Geoscientists (Geology, Geophysics & Petrophysics); Reservoir & Petroleum Engineers
- 50% Teaching & 50% Practical
- Gives insight into building Static Geomodels that best replicate true flow behaviour in wells & fields
- Understand complexity of reservoir characterisation & the capture of key heterogeneities that affect flow behaviour.
- Review parameters from the microscopic [mineralogy & clay content (Vshale); pore geometry (Porosity, Kh, Kv, Sw & Pc)] to the large scale [depositional environments, reservoir architecture, trapping mechanism, field geometry & faults] all of which affect connectivity & must be integrated into geologically coherent gridded model that accurately replicates flow behaviour
- Resources & Reserves definitions and their computation conclude the course. Emphasis given to fluid contacts & transition intervals.
- Participants split into teams for tutorial where they build static model, and test it in flow simulator. Participants to determine the in place and recoverable resources.
- Teams given 20 minutes to present evaluation results, conclusions & recommendations on final day
Participants must have basic skills in PETREL, PETREL RE & ECLIPSE software (Schlumberger).
- Non-refundable 10% of fees payable within 10 working days of Registration Request
- Balance payable 15 working days before start of the course
This Course is offered under the auspices of
as course GEO 120. Visit www.petro-teach.com
for registration & Petro Teach conditions