Course #04 – 5 days (Entry to Intermediate level) - Practical Reservoir Engineering & Flow Simulation
Who should attend:
Geoscientists (Geology, Geophysics & Petrophysics); Junior Reservoir Engineers; Anyone interested in Flow Simulation
- 50% Teaching & 50% Practical
- Fundamentals of i) Reservoir Engineering [Fluid and Rock Properties; Drive mechanisms, productivity and ultimately recovery] and ii) flow simulation. Basic Well Testing is covered, to understand how they are carried out, their results analysed & what information is gained. Dynamic Simulators reviewed (Black Oil vs. Comp.), initialisation (Black Oil only).
- Optimization of well numbers & their placement, lowering investment & operating costs while maintaining best industry practises & HSE covered. Resource definitions & their computation. Course ends on economics, Reservoir Engineers often responsible for reserves & economic assessment.
- Participants split into teams for tutorial where they are provided with static model they must initialise & flow. Use model to test different FDP scenarios
- Determine optimal development scenario. Compute in place & recoverable resources. Run cashflow and assess economics.
- Teams given 20 minutes to present evaluation results, conclusions & recommendations on final day
- Participants must have basic skills in PETREL, PETREL RE & ECLIPSE software (Schlumberger).
- Non-refundable 10% of fees payable within 10 working days of Registration Request
- Balance payable 15 working days before start of the course
This Course is offered under the auspices of
as course RES 421. Visit www.petro-teach.com
for registration & Petro Teach conditions